Normally such thoughts comes into our minds Why had he left? “I had kind of reached saturation point with the work I was doing at the time. Then why the return? “I enjoyed my new profile and the new job was challenging.
But why do people leave thier jobs on a bad note? “There are quite a few reasons for that:
- When their expectations are not met
- They find it difficult to get adjusted to the organisations culture
- There is a gap between what is expected and what is communicated. Inefficiency in expectation management.
- Difference of opinion among the peers, politics, favoritism etc
- Sometimes, when there is a change of management and a new dimension is added to their roles and responsibilities and after trying hard to negotiate they find it difficult to accept the new term
How to quit gracefully
- Serve your notice period
- Explain why you are leaving and that you would be interested in returning at a future date
- Perform productively during your notice period
- Hire or help hire a replacement
- Train your replacement to the best of your ability
- Do not steal or delete files/data that you have worked on
- Stay in touch with ex-colleagues/bosse