- Try to lower your interest rate. Negotiate with your bank. One other way is to convert your credit card debt into a personal loan debt. It will definitely be lesser than the credit card interest rate.
- Calculate your net worth and see if any of your investments could help you prepay a part of your loans.
- Make a contingency plan for the immediate future. Talk to your bank along with your debt counselors and explain your situation and see if you can resume your loan at a later date but do make an effort to prepay some amount.
- If it is a double-income household, try and see if your spouse can support you in the event of a job-loss in the short term before you land a job.
- Manage your current finances judiciously to battle through the current situation and emerge wiser.