September 29, 2009
Reasons for IT staff turnover:-
- Lack of promotional
- Lack of career advancement
- Lack of development opportunities
- Noncompetitive pay
- The need for better work/life balance
Read more on this -: http://www.gartner.com/DisplayDocument?doc_cd=170095&ref=g_BETAnoreg
September 25, 2009
What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing refers to the delivery of scalable IT resources over the Internet, as opposed to hosting and operating those resources locally, such as on a college or university network.
Those IT resources can include applications and services, as well as the infrastructure on which they operate.
By deploying IT infrastructure and services over the network, an organization can purchase these resources on an as-needed basis and avoid the capital costs of software and hardware.
Advantage cloud computing
- IT capacity can be adjusted quickly
- Can easily accommodate changes in demand
- IT professionals can devote more energy to enhancing thevalue of using IT for their enterprises and less on the day-to-day challenges of IT.
- Cloud computing also promotes IT optimization so that IT resources are configured formaximum cost-benefit
September 24, 2009
In January 2009, SEC finalized a rule requiring public companies to use extensible business reporting language, or XBRL, to submit financial information to the agency’s public financial reporting Web site, EDGAR.
During first phase of the three-year process included more than 425 public companies with a worldwide public common equity float in excess of $5 billion.
By 2011, between 10,000 and 12,000 companies are expected to submit statements in XBRL.
September 15, 2009
Here is an interesting fact to share.. Now a days each one of us carry Hi Fi Mobile devices and always fear that it may be stolen.
Each mobile carries a unique IMEI i.e International Mobile Identity, number which can be used to track your mobile anywhere in the world.
- Dial *#06# from your mobile.
- Your mobile shows a unique 15 digit.
- Note down this no anywhere but except your mobile as this is the number which will help trace your mobile in case of a theft.
- Once stolen you just have to mail this 15 digit IMEI no. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No need to go to police.
- Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hrs via a complex system of GPRS and internet..
- You will find where your hand set is being operated even in case your number is being changed.
September 15, 2009
This guidance describes how the FDA evaluates patient-reported outcome (PRO) instruments used as effectiveness endpoints in clinical trials.
It also describes our current thinking on how sponsors can develop and use study results measured by PRO instruments to support claims in approved product labeling.
PRO instruments provide a means for measuring treatment benefits by capturing concepts related to how a patient feels or functions with respect to his or her health or condition.
The concepts, events, behaviors, or feelings measured by PRO instruments can be either readily observed or verified (e.g., walking) or can be non-observable, known only to the patient and not easily verified (e.g., feeling depressed).
September 7, 2009
1. I believe that changing jobs in your 1st 3 years of your career is good for your career.
- New projects / work
- Chance of learning more
- Chance of working with big companies
- Better Salary (Its important.. but not always..)
2. After working for 3 yrs till now you come to know which domain/field you want to take your career, for example I thought of moving from software developer field to Marketing/Sales well its all depends on your strengths and interest in field you want to be.
3. And now after working for 6 or more years, now you should try to look into more challenging job and start looking yourself at middle level management along with good package.
4. Now once you have experience of 9+ years of experience you should try to move from job when you get top management level offer where you can add value to organization from your past experiences.