It comes with front and rear cameras—addressing an omission in the initial model—and a new Apple-designed chip that performs standard calculations twice as fast as its predecessor and offers a nine-fold boost in graphics performance.
Apple had reinforced its edge with the sheer volume of new features, its lead in applications created for the iPad and its lower price point than some rivals; Xoom, for example, starts at $799 without a cellular service plan, compared with $729 for a comparable iPad.
- Dual-core A5 processor
- Upto 2X faster processing, 9X faster graphics
- Dual video cameras
- 33% thinner the original
- 1.3 pounds
- Comes in white and black
- Both CDMA and GSM
- 10 hour battery life
- Same price points as the previous iPad – starts at $499
- 65,000 apps
- HDMI Video out (using $39 connector)
- New retractable case ($39, $9 for leather) includes microfiber for cleaning, wake on open-sleep on close
- Personal hotspot for iPhone4 only
- Photo Booth, Face Time, Garage Band and iMovi